Flydirekt is an online service that provides a platform for sharing load information for the usage of non-revenue staff travel by current and retired airline employees. Additionally, Flydirekt provides solutions for checking flight availability based on current and past public data through a GDS.
We understand that sharing personal information between the user and Flydirekt involves a level of trust. We take this trust very seriously and have it as one of our utmost priorities. Before using our app please take the time to read our « Term of use ».
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information in two ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information, sometimes including your first and last name, telephone number, and email addresses.
When you give us your email address, you will be automatically opted in to receive email notices, which may include follow notifications, announcements, and Flydirekt newsletters. We do not use this email address for any purpose other than to send you email. If you do not want to receive email from us, simply unsubscribe from within an email, or update your account settings.
If you make a booking with a Flydirekt Product, we’ll request additional personal information and traveler preference information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order to book travel including:
- Transactional information, such as credit card number, zip/postal code, cardholder name, and expiration date.
- Personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, date of birth, and gender as required by TSA Secure Flight Program. Additionally, you can choose to provide travel preference information like redress number and special assistance options.
- Traveler companions: When you make a reservation for someone else through this
website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual including first and last name, gender, and date of birth. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
If you’re using Flydirekt on your mobile device, you can choose to provide us with location data.
- We also get technical information when you use our products or websites or apps that have Flydirekt features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data: When you use Hopper, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Flydirekt features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Flydirekt, and cookie data.
- Device Information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using on Flydirekt, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Flight Search Results Data: We create our reports and forecasts of flight availability based on past and realtime availability search results data that we aggregate from our Global Distribution Systems (GDS) partner. All search results are completely anonymous: we don’t receive or store any information about who made the search or where it was initiated, whether any flight was actually purchased, or even the specific query that was entered. We only store the availability of whatever flight options were presented to the consumer when the search was made.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Flydirekt and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We use the information we collect to:
- Complete travel bookings you conduct using our Products, to provide you with the products and services you request; and to provide you with travel confirmation and updates; to manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications.
- Easily initiate other transactions using our Products.
- Send you updates (such as when there are great flight deals from your origin), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by unsubscribing via the link at the bottom of the emails we send you or updating your account settings.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “nonpersonally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Flydirekt does business, including countries outside your own.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Information?
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Flydirekt. Forexample: The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage; Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
Sharing of personal information
Flydirekt will never without the express consent of the user share or sell any personal information with any commercial third parties. Flydirekt is allowed to use data it has stored to send the user information about commercial third parties and/or information the user has requested.
Information about others
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Flydirekt is not directed to children under 17. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no product can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system, ours, and third parties.
How Do We Make Changes to This Policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Flydirekt after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.